Dentist Alpharetta GA
Alpharetta Dentist, Dr. Woods, has been a staple in the local community and dental field for more than two decades. After completing his residency with Emory University, Dr. Woods fell in love with North Atlanta and has since become a top dentist in Alpharetta. With continuing education and a perseverance to provide outstanding service and professionalism, he and his team have proven that they cannot only maintain a flourishing Alpharetta dental practice, but a strong ethical and moral passion for helping others as well. Dr. Woods’ passion to contribute to the well being of others has pushed him to further distinguish himself among Alpharetta Dentists, as he is currently one of the areas’ only to obtain his Associate Fellow Status in the American Academy of Implant Dentistry.
This unique knowledge and specialization in the dental field allows Dr. Woods to provide comprehensive care to his patients. In addition to improving the appearance of your smile, he will ensure that your smile is healthy and can last a lifetime.
At SmileScapes, we offer a variety of services such as General, Cosmetic, Implant, and Sedation dentistry that will give you a smile that you are proud to show off. Please view our Services page for a full list of dental solutions.
Upon your first visit, we will help you feel comfortable with an office tour and a warm greeting. Our team will continue to make you feel comfortable and at ease at each subsequent visit. We value your comfort and understand the importance of creating a positive experience for you. Please visit our About Us page to learn more about our dental team. Call us at 770-551-0808 or contact our Alpharetta Dental Office to schedule an appointment today!
How to choose the right Alpharetta dentist
Sometimes it can be difficult to choose a dentist. Certainly, it is important to understand what goes into this decision and what differentiates some dentists from others. Here are some key points to keep in mind when selecting a dentist in the Alpharetta area.
- Your dentist should take an interest in your overall health and understand how the condition of your mouth, and not just your teeth, can contribute to a healthier, longer life.
- Your dentist should take time to listen to your opinions and concerns. This will allow him or her to create an individualized treatment plan that is best for you.
- Choose a thorough dentist. Does your dentist take proper x-rays? Does he or she inspect your entire mouth and cheeks instead of just your teeth? A full and thorough examination is necessary. This allows your dentist to detect oral cancer early as well as other problem areas. Early detection is key to effective treatment.
- Your dentist should explain multiple treatment options available so that you understand the differences, outcomes, risks and costs associated with each.
Assessing the quality of your dental work
It is important to understand whether or not you have received proper treatment once you have visited your Alpharetta Dentist. Here are some things you should think about after your next dental visit:
- How does your bite feel after treatment?
- Is the dental treatment you received irritating your gums?
- Does your treated tooth appear and blend in as your other teeth do in the mirror?
- Does your tongue or dental floss catch on your tooth?
- Did your dentist take the time to properly inspect your treatment when finished?
- Did they polish your fillings?
- Does it hurt when you drink hot or cold liquids?
- Was your mouth properly rinsed out and free of any debris after treatment?
- Did they use water spray to cool your mouth during treatment?
Your comfort, quality of dentistry and overall health are most important. Be sure to ask your dentist questions if there is something that doesn’t feel right or seems out of place with your treatment. Make sure to choose a dentist that allows enough time for treatment and has the experience and training to provide quality dental care.
Educating patients is important to Dr. Woods and the SmileScapes team. It is one of many reasons that our practice has become one of the most highly recommended dental offices in the Atlanta area. You should never settle for being ill informed or uneducated as to what is being done with your teeth and mouth. Your health is very important and it is why we strive to provide top quality dental care to each and every one of you. If you are looking for a dental provider in Alpharetta that cares about you, call Dr. Woods and the friendly team at SmileScapes.